In this short screencast I will show how to create a “colour-fader” with jQuery, much like the one used on this website (up in the header). It’s not a particularly practical enhancement but I think it’s a pretty cool feature nonetheless. You can download the files created in the screencast here [zip].
While I’ve got your attention here’s a few links to keep you distracted:
- Packt Publishing released a sample chapter of the awesome new jQuery book: “Learning jQuery 1.3 » Chapter 4: Effects“
- Microsoft recently released a new cross-browser “testing suite” for us web developers – “Expression Web ‘SuperPreview’ makes cross-browser testing like moist delicious cake“
- Collis Ta’eed, the co-founder of Envato (Nettuts, Psdttuts, FreelanceSwitch, Themeforest etc.), has started his own blog!
- If you’re a mobile web developer then you’ll find these compatibility tables by the legendary PPK very useful!
- These videos are awesome: “Animation vs. Animator” & “Animation vs. Animator 2“